Chunky Pineapple Salsa
SERVES: 4-6 people
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- 2 cups pineapple sauce
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes cored and diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped (less or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a blender add pineapple sauce, canned tomato sauce, cilantro, onion, and jalapenos. Blend for a few seconds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and lime juice. Add diced tomatoes. Allow flavors to blend at room temperature for 10 minutes, or chill until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.