- Open the Hearts of Palm Spaghetti Cuts, and put the noodles in a colander. Rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large frying pan. Heat the oil to medium heat, and add the minced garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the drained noodles to the pan, and stir for 3 minutes to warm through.
- Remove the pan from the heat source, add the diced tomatoes and remaining olive oil, and toss.
- Top with basil and optional toppings, if desired.
What is hearts of palm?
The heart of palm is a delicacy that can be harvested from the center-most part, or “heart” (hence its name),of any given cabbage palm tree. Though it has an asparagus like flavor with delicate notes and textural qualities making them extremely versatile for chefs looking to experiment more creatively in their cooking!
What Do Hearts of Palm Taste Like?
Hearts of palm have a neutral, earthy, vegetal flavor, with a mild sweetness similar to white asparagus, water chestnut, or artichoke hearts.
Is hearts of palm keto friendly?
Considering its low carb content, heart of palm can be safely included on the keto diet. This low carb, high fat diet may promote weight loss by encouraging your body to burn fat instead of carbs for energy.
Where can I buy hearts of palm?