Hawaiian Pasta Salad
PREP TIME: 45
- pasta – campanelle, bow tie or rotini
- 1 can of Golden Farms Pineapple Chunks – juice reserved for dressing.
- oil – olive oil for sauteing
- red pepper – finely diced
- green onion – sliced thin
- sour cream
- dijon mustard
- pineapple juice – from the canned pineapple
- vinegar – apple cider vinegar
- powdered sugar – honey is another option
- garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the pineapple juice, saving it.
- In a wide bottom pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. pan grilled pineapple bits
- Saute the pineapple until it takes on a bit of color.
- Deglaze the pan with the reserved pineapple juice and reduce the juice by half.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and run under cold water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until combined.
- Combine all the ham and pineapple pasta ingredients in a large bowl gently toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Store refrigerated up to 5 days.