Hearts of Palm Cakes
PREP TIME: 45
FOR THE CAKES:
- 14 oz Golden Farms Hearts of Palm drained, dried and cut
- 14 oz Artichoke Hearts drained, dried and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley minced
- 2 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- light extra virgin olive oil for frying
FOR THE PANKO CRUST:
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- FOR SERVING (OPTIONAL):
- Garlic Aioli
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh bean sprouts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for hearts of palm cakes, mixing well.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, mix together ingredients for panko crust: panko bread crumbs, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Divide hearts of palm cake mix into eighths, form into patties. Patties will be loose.
- Place in panko crust mix and pat on both sides. Transfer to a large plate or baking sheet. Repeat with all.
- Freeze cakes for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Working in two batches, fry cakes in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve immediately with garlic aioli and lemon wedges.