To Make the ‘Fish’ Sticks:
- Combine 2/3 cup breadcrumbs with other ingredients for sticks in a food processor and pulse a few times until roughly chopped.
- Form into stick shapes, dip into remaining crumbs, and turn to coat all sides.
- Heat about 1/4-inch of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry a few sticks at a time for 1-2 minutes per side, then transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
To Make the Crema:
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly until it begins to thicken, about four minutes.
- Serve warm with sticks or refrigerate to serve cold.
Notes: If you prefer, these can be baked at 400°F for 12-15 minutes until crispy instead of frying.