1. Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium to medium-high heat. While butter is melting, chop vegetables.
2. Add celery, carrots, and onion to the stockpot and sauté until the onion starts to get soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth to the stockpot. Make sure to scrape up any vegetables that might have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the chicken thighs to the stockpot. Remove thyme leaves from the stems and add to the stockpot. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, and parsley to the stockpot.
5. Bring the soup to a boil (you may need to increase the heat to medium-high to high) and then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the pan and let cool a bit. If applicable, remove the skin from the chicken and then remove the bones. Chop the chicken into small pieces and then return it to the stockpot.
7. Add the palm noodles to the pot and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Once the “noodles” have been cooked, dish them up into bowls and enjoy!
Classic chicken noodle soup made with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, chicken, and keto-approved noodles.
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES