- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water; set aside.
- Whisk peanut butter, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, and ¼ cup warm water in a large bowl until smooth.
- Dressing should be the consistency of heavy cream; if too thick, add a little more water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If noodles are sticking together, rinse briefly to separate; drain well.
- Transfer to bowl with dressing; toss to coat.
- Add cucumbers and scallions and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide noodles among bowls; top with peanuts and drizzle with oil.
Photo By Laura Murray, Food Styling By Susie Theodorou