- Add the hearts of the palm to a slow cooker (with the heat off). Drizzle with olive oil. Then, sprinkle with the smoked paprika, coconut sugar, oregano, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper, and thoroughly toss to coat.
- Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, and orange juice to the crockpot, and gently stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, or until the hearts of the palm are fall-apart tender and can be easily shredded.
- Turn off the slow cooker and use two forks to thoroughly shred the hearts of the palms. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more sea salt and black pepper if desired.
- I recommend serving the carnitas tucked into warm corn tortillas and topped with a bit of cashew sour cream, diced onion, sliced avocado, and fresh cilantro.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.