- Place the yuca in a saucepan with just enough water to heat then add pink salt along with the onion and garlic powder.
- Bring the pot to the boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer until tender.
- Drain off the excess water and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the escabeche by heating a medium sized saucepan and adding the olive oil.
- Saute the onions, garlic and peppers on medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Now add the vinegar, oregano, cumin, black pepper, pink salt and sweetener then stir once again and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the olives to the bowl of yuca.
- Pour the escabeche all over the yuca, combine and allow to completely cool down before serving.
- Serve accordingly.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes